EasyHairDye (collectively, “EHD”, “we”, “us”) respects and protects our customer’s privacy and personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Collection of your personal data
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways: -
(1) When you register or use the Website;
(2) When you contact EHD by telephone or email;
(3) When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by EHD;
(4) When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these);
(5) When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, EHD may also collect some of the following personal information about you in order to facilitate the provision of our service: -
(1) Details of transactions you make from EHD;
(2) Details of your shopping preferences;
(3) Details of your visits to the Website and the resources you access;
(4) Details of when you contact EHD by email, post or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of that correspondence;
(5) Any other information from which we can identify you.
Use of your personal data
We treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following (“the Purposes”): -
(1) Process any orders that you make via the Website (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations);
(2) Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions);
(3) Retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/ or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions etc.) offered by EHD, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you;
(4) Register with the Website, where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account;
(5) Improve the content and appearance of the Website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner to you;
(6) Administer any prize draws or competitions run by EHD. Please refer to the TOS for the relevant terms;
(7) Carry out assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer;
(8) Comply with our legal obligations.
Other Points of note regarding your personal data
Please also note that: -
• If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you;
• Subject to, where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us (c) procure that data held by a third party if you choose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media feature;
Separately, we may collect certain other data from you on the Website: -
• We automatically collect data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
• If you are browsing the Website (whether as a guest or as a registered user), it may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalize your shopping experience and provide you with various services.
The IP address and geographical location of the visitor's PC, the time, type of browser and pages visited; and some personal data may be accessed through the Internet via cookies.
Cookie are small data files which are temporarily stored on your computer’s hard drive every time you visit a website. Although there are a lot of different types of cookies, every single one tracks user behaviour to help make your overall experience quicker, easier and more efficient. Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However you do have the ability to decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. Please note if you decline cookies, you may not be able to utilize some of the functions of the Website.
Security and Protection of your information
EHD takes reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require. Those cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided and, as well as measures designed to prevent unauthorized access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use.
You have the right to request access to and update and/or amend personal data relating to you held by EHD. The request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or a message on this Website or a message on EHD’s Facebook page. Once we received your request, we would process the same as soon as practicable.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we need any information of this nature, we will contact you by telephone.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: -
(1) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
(2) If EHD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
(3) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EHD, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We accept payments made by deposits to our bank account. You can also choose to pay with PayPal. When selecting this option at checkout, you will be directed to the PayPal site to “Log in” and review the amount shown before clicking “Pay Now”. Once this transaction is complete, you will then return to the Website.
Use of the Website under 18 years old
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure, EHD uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send to us over the internet. If SSL is enabled then you will see a padlock at the top of your browser and you can click on this to find out information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
You will also notice that when you look at the location (URL) field at the top of the browser you will see it begin with “https” instead of the normal “http”. This means that you are in the secure mode.
EHD grants you a limited licence to display on your computer, portable devices, print, download and use the contents or materials for non-commercial and personal purposes only, provided that: -
You agree that EHD is not liable for any liability you incur as a result of this limited licence;
You do not modify any of the contents or materials;
You include with and display on each copy the associated copyright notice and this limited licence.
No other use is permitted without the express written permission of EHD. Nothing in this notice confers any right in any intellectual property rights of EHD or other intellectual property rights owners’ content provided on the Website.
Although we would endeavour to protect your information against loss, misuse, abuse and alteration, as is the case with all computers networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
EHD may from time to time remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time and without any notice.
The Website is not liable for any damages arising from the use of the Website, including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential and punitive damages in accordance with the restrictions permitted by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region's Control Disclaimer Ordinance (Cap.71) .
EHD and the Website expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any representations, undertakings, warranties or liabilities of any goods or services on the Website. Without limiting the general applicability of the above terms, we do not warrant that “Content” and “Product Descriptions” on the Website are accurate, complete, current or error-free.
EHD and the Website expressly disclaim any liability, either directly or indirectly, or in whole or in part, to you or to any person for any negligence in the promotion, composition, interpretation, editorial, reporting or distribution of the Website. In no event will EHD or the Website be liable to you or any person for any loss or damage, whether directly or indirectly, in connection with the goods or services, including loss of profits or loss of savings, Any claims relating to the goods or services on the Website. EHD and the Website also expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever arising out of or in connection with matters or circumstances beyond the control of EHD which cause the service or part thereof to be impeded or suspended.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these website have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit your personal data to these websites.
Intellectual property rights
All texts, graphics, photographs, logos trademarks, artwork, sounds, music, user interfaces and visual interfaces and computer code (the “Content”) belong to EHD. This Content includes, but not limited to, the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression and arrangement of it. The Content is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights [please confirm with client] and you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, publicly display, translate, transmit, or distribute this Content in any way without EHD’s prior written permission.
EHD respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you find that copyrighted material is copied and constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by email or in writing of the infringement and provide the following information: (i) your identification of the copyrighted work claimed by you and the copyright owner (Ii) the description of the allegedly infringing material and the location of the material on the Site; (iii) your address, telephone number and email address.
Should there be any inconsistencies or conflicts between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.